Sunkist is the longest-standing agricultural cooperative entirely owned by
and operated for the citrus growers.
Since 1893, Sunkist has been working to offer quality,
fresh citrus that consumers enjoy worldwide.
- Orange growers in California formed Southern California Fruit Exchange
- As Southern California Fruit Exchange expands, the organization becomes the California Fruit Growers Exchange to reflect its statewide presence
- With over 5,000 growers statewide, California Fruit Growers Exchange represents 45% of the entire citrus crop in California
- The first campaign aimed at advertising a perishable commodity using the adjective “sun kissed” to describe the oranges supplied by the California Fruit Growers Exchange
- Sunkist” name used in the 1907 campaign is registered as a trademark
- 세계 최초로 과일에 브랜드 사용
- Fresh oranges stamped with the Sunkist logo begin to appear in stores
- The California Fruit Growers Exchange officially changes its name to “Sunkist Growers”
- Sunkist expands its global export of fresh California-grown fruit, with primary markets across Europe and Japan
- “Sunkist” trademark is licensed for the bottling and marketing of Sunkist orange soda.
- The Sunkist cooperative celebrates its first billion dollar year
- As of 2019, Sunkist is distributing over 800 products made of fresh fruits in 90+ countries around the world